Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blogger and appliance fail!

I've comitted the ultimate blogging sin - I know and I'm sorry for anyone who was following me - I started a blog and then stopped shortly after. The truth is this was a mixture between a lack of really exciting things happening with the house, and uncertainty whether anyone is actually reading. Both bad reasons, since something is always going on with the house no matter how small and I am guilty of reading people's blog postings and not commenting...so here I am!

Since my last post in October (hangs head in shame), we ran into the first major breakdown in the house - our dishwasher. Starting in mid December, the three year old dishwasher decided it wasn't going to work anymore, and it was going to be impossible to diagnose to force us to spend some quality time together hand washing dishes. Now you can call me spoiled, but I have never not had a dishwasher (other than the cottage).

We went through five (count em five) Sears repair people who all swore they had solved the problem - from the regular guys to the "top" dishwsher repair man, to an installer, to countless trips to Home Depot and still no dishwasher! We have a non-Sears repair man coming this weekend to look at it, but I am not feeling confident. I have a feeling we will be continuing this together time until we bite the bullet and buy a new dishwasher (which may involve more major restructring of the kitchen, but that's for another time;)

I don't know if there is a learning here for anyone thinking about buying their first house, other than it is true that things will break down in your new abode, unexpectedly and annoyingly, but you have to roll with the punches. I'd offer to post a picture, but really who wants to see a broken appliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment