Tuesday, September 28, 2010

To theme or not to theme?

When I started to think about decorating our house, I wondered whether we should have some kind of "theme". I didn't want it to be overdone, but thought it might be nice to have some flow and pieces that tie the place together. Since we are living in The Beaches, the theme was obvious - beachy.

While having sand on the floor instead of hardwood floors or waterbeds instead of normal ones seemed a bit extreme, I thought through artwork on the walls or knick knacks on some shelves I could get the feel I wanted out of the house - bright, comfortable, and calm - just like the beach a few steps away.

Armed with this idea, I hit up some of the typical home stores, and was able to find some pieces I really liked. While Mike has requested "no more water pictures", I think I was successful in bringing the beach in. You can see a few pictures of some of my finds below.

I'd love to hear from you - what do you think about having a "theme" in houses? Do you have one?






1 comment: